Friday 10 December 2010

Wursten vs. Wurstel

Dear Dadda - you and I aren't on the same wavelength!!

We were leaving home this morning to go to nursery and I said I wanted to take the reindeer with me.

My pronunciation isn't great I know and sounds something weird like "wursten" which I appreciate isn't quite the same thing as "reindeer".  Not that my German influence makes a great deal of a difference here I must admit as it's "rentiere" in German and for that matter I now know it's "renna" in Italian.
But, at least for now, it's "wursten" to me.

Back to my point.  I wanted to take the reindeer, my dear Christmassy "wursten" with me!  And you kept thinking I wanted a wurstel saying you couldn't give me a bloody wurstel at that time in the morning as I already had my milk and was going to have my breakfast at nursery!!!

So off we went to the car and I kept shouting "wursten... wursten... wursten..... " in desperation as we closed the door behind us with my dear reindeer left behind...

Then a little bird told me you spoke to Mamma on the phone (note: she was in Germany on this occasion for her IMMAC Christmas Event) and explained our morning drama at which point she explained that although sounds similar to wurstel when I say wursten I actually mean reindeer!...


Good job when you turned up to pick me up from nursery there I saw in front of me a nicer and bigger "wursten" than I left home in the first place...

...this one actually plays "Kismas" music when I squeeze it and the nose lights up in red!!

No comments:

Post a Comment