Thursday 30 December 2010

Crabs & Birdies in Ao Nang

The days boat trip was topped up by an evening stroll in Ao Nang with a magnificent visit at the Lae Lay grill where Mamma and Dadda were marvelled by the view on the islands scattered off the coast line..

We had fish and chips which I could eat on my bench while they were eating uninspiring looking (yet apparently super yummy) crispy soft shell crab in Thai curry sauce....
 


...of course I was far more excited by the presence of fish basins full of huge fish and crabs that I could stare at for hours!!


The master chef even made me touch one!!


And when our fruit desert came with my yummy watermelon which I've been devouring since our arrival in Thailand... we even had a singing birdie at the table too!!  


I hope all the rest of the guests in the restaurant enjoyed this noisy bird as much as I did as it went off making "chip chip chiiiiiiiiiiiiiip" relentlessly for hours...

... in reality as you might have suspected our neighbouring tables were soon unimpressed with the disturbing sound which rushed Mamma and Dadda to drink through their whisky sour and ask for the bill!


Boring old sods!

No comments:

Post a Comment