Thursday 23 December 2010

Tino in Bangkok: Day 3

Day one to experiment, day two to adapt and day 3 to master Bangkok's secrets so off we went bright and early to visit Ko Ratanakosin and the city's Grand Palace with Mamma and Dadda...

This must be a very very special place... you can tell by the looks on the guard's faces!!  They were blue with anger and you really don't want to mess up with them so I decided I would be on my best behaviour..


...and so I followed everything our guide Dream said to us, as she showed us all the paintings representing horses, elephants, dragons, snakes and some other boring stuff like temples, buildings, trees and stuff...


Dream was a lovely guide and very friendly to me like all other Thai people we have met this far..


We then went to see the Emerald Buddha which apparently is a big deal out here with loads of people queuing up and they even all take their shoes off before going in... they even told us to take this rose and dip it into the water and then put it on our heads... so Mamma did exactly that...


...weird stuff eh?  Not sure I'm convinced with all these rules and different traditions... I'm running off to the park!!


We left the Grand Palace and moved on to yet another iconic place in Bangkok to see the reclining Buddha at What Pho... and guess what I was soo busy staring at the fishies that I missed out on the Buddha!


And then I found what of course is the greatest temple in the world... a statue of a pony made exactly of my size!!  Pppppppoooooooooooonnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!


This place was huge and just like the Ko Ratanakosin it was full of temples and interesting stuff emerging wherever we looked... but we were getting a little hungry so Dadda and Mamma soon took me out of there in search for a Tuk Tuk that would take us to Chinatown!


How colorful Chinatown is!! It is really smelly too... almost as smelly as Mamma's shoes that she keeps in the hotel wardrobe after having travelled from England with them!


The highlight of the day was the Zoo.... Apparently I nodded off to sleep as we stopped for lunch at Wan Fah at the Tha Rachawond pier where we could see a lot of boats and a great view of Bangkok's canal and skyline... Dadda and Mamma made their way back through the city and as they walked 7km in 3 hours under the boiling heat through millions of people and cars I was snoring my head off in my pram!!!

.. and then I woke up to the wonder of the Bangkok's Zoo and it's Elephant, Giraffe and Hippo!




I love Bangkok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment