Monday 27 December 2010

No Sea Krabi!

Enough with cultural itineraries and busy cities.. time to relax now and wind down after a very busy year!   We are flying off to Phuket today where a driver will pick us up and take us to our resort in Krabi... do I look excited?


We checked in late into our lovely room at the Nakamanda resort and was super excited to go find out where the sea was and how it looked like...


Biiiiig disappointment.  There is no sea in Krabi!!  They told us that it went to Kho Phi Phi and that it would be back tomorrow.. it has something to do with the tides I am told but not that I could care less... i want my sea!


We settled with a dip in the hotel pool before going to dinner... I wasn't convinced... I still wanted the sea!


The next morning I woke up bright and early to look out of the window and look out for the sea!  Will have it returned from Kho Phi Phi yet?  Let's go let's go!!


Sadly it hadn't... still no sea!  Better go and get some food then!!


At least breakfast was decent.. they had all the slices of bread I like with seeds in them and "songs"... lots  of "songs" (my word for "croissons")...


Then off we went to the pool for a proper splish splash session with Mamma and Dadda!!  This section of the pool was reserved for me and we had a hell of a time playing here all morning!!



Tiredeness soon caught up with Mamma and I perhaps for the days we spent sightseeing and dashing from one place to another so we went off for a long nap and even skipped lunch.... not Dadda though.. god no!  He wondered around outside the resort in search for food and pieces of information.  Apparently he met "Leo" in a restaurant around the corner where he had a delightful lunch and recommended we returned together for dinner!


Eventually I got up and the sea had finally arrived settling there right in front of our hotel!


A little late to have a swim in the sea but we did have a wonder down the beach to look at the crabs!  There are sooo many around here!  


And Dadda couldn't have picked a better place for dinner.  The Mother House restaurant run by Big Mama was a perfect choice...

... food was yummy and I could even drive the electric car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment