Wednesday 22 December 2010

Tino in Bangkok: Day 2

The best start to a day is with a nice and healthy breakfast... here I am checking that Mamma is fetching me the right ingredients from the hotel buffet...


Mammmmmminnnn????

So off we went in a taxi to explore the Silom area... Dadda asked the taxi driver how everyone appears to live in such caotic harmony.  The taxi driver explained that "in Thailand 95% of people are buddhist...  everybody is happy and smiles"... interesting... so what is it people are back home where everyone is miserable and grumpy on busses?  They should all come out here to check these people out!


... Bangkok is enormous... even the Kimas trees are enormous.. look here!  There are even two magnificent raindeer samples taking care of the tree!


And then off we went on our long tail boat trip up the Chao Phraya River... hurraaaaaaayyyyyy!


The weather here in Bangkok is very hot and humid... and there is also a lot of pollution... my nose gets full of stuff... better give my nostrils a bit of tender, love and care...


As I stand on Mamma's legs to look out at the ever changing horizon of temples and boats, some people including Dadda are giving me some strange looks perhaps suggesting it's about time I need a haircut... some people like zio Stefano in Rome would be proud of my long  hair!!


But the greatest thing in Bangkok is the fish.  In the river!  There are no fish that anyone has ever showed my in the London rivers and canals but here we were given a huge loaf of bread for 20 Thai Bhat (4p!) and Dadda and I started chucking it out to the fishies like there is no tomorrow!!


Thousands of fishies literally jumping on one another to feed themselves... each one of them bigger than me!!


Did you see how big that mouth is?  It could swallow me in one mouthful!!! Almost scarier than the shark we saw at the Siam Ocean World last night...


I really love Bangkok and it's animals... only problem this far has been food..  I haven't had a single piece of cheese or wurstel yet in 3 days and just living off rice and watermelon ;-)


Towards the end of the boat trip we were offered lots of drinks and lots of fruit... sadly, no cheese was served!


Once we got off the boat we jumped on a bus towards to get to the Baiyoke Tower to enjoy a glimpse of  Bangkok from above.... just before we got there an interesting view appeared before us that I'd really like Dadda to explain to me... so why is it we cannot ride Dadda's scooter when we are back home?  Look over there.. there is a family of four that fits comfortably on one!


,,,, and then following zio Ennio's recommendation we jumped into a Tuk Tuk and went off to Cabbages and Condoms at 10 Sukhumvit soi 12...


.. a place from heaven... there were lots of different statues of interesting characters including an enormous Father Christmas and a Christmas Tree made out of funny rubbery stuff!!



Bangkok rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment