Friday 24 December 2010

Tino in Chiang Mai

Time to check out of Bangkok and move on..  after a short flight playing games with Mamma and Dadda we arrived around midday in the Northern City of Temples... Chiang Mai!

First things first I took a good nap in our wonderful guesthouse to recharge my batteries..


Then off we went following Dadda's itineraries to check out some of the Buddhist temples.. good job our guesthouse is bang on the main street of the old town and that all temples are nearby!  

Mamma and Dadda were expecting to have plenty of massages while in Thailand but they clearly haven't worked out how to deal with me yet and therefore haven't had a single pair of hands on them this far!  Here we are outside a massage place and finding well more interesting things to look at than boring massage studios where everyone is quiet and looking soo serious!


Woow!  Temples are really fascinating houses!  They are full of dragons, lions, tigers, snakes and elephant statues!  There are even funny people with no hair and orange cloths wrapped around them... 


We then took a Tuk Tuk to eat at the Lemongrass restaurant which was a cheep and cheerful but super-yummy Thai place that our tour operator had suggested her clients had been impressed with... so were we!  In fact it's the first day since my arrival in Thailand that I've moved off plain rice!  I tried out the fish tempura which Mamma said were just like the fish fingers I love sooo much!


While travelling with Mamma and Dadda I am making good progress with my vocabulary and even putting a few mini sentences together.. here below is a perfect demonstration of me indicating "deef uan" (this one) as I also want to drink what Dadda drinks!



We then strolled down the Chiang Mai Night Market full of handcrafts and all sorts of bits and pieces!!  Starting to get tired though... shall we make a move!?



Good job these Tuk Tuk are everywhere and you don't need to ask me twice to jump onto one!  I take my shoes off and make myself comfortable before Dadda has managed to bargain the ride price and fold up my pram!



I get a very good feel for Chiang Mai and I can tell that Mamma loves this place and that she could live out here fore some time.. It's soo clean and tidy, the food and the weather are great and the people are amazingly nice... this driver even made me and my elephant sit on the roof of the Tuk Tuk!


Night Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment