Sunday 26 December 2010

Steps and Temples in Chiang Mai

Sightseeing with Mamma and Dadda can be hard work so think twice if they ever ask you to join them on holiday in future..

Chiang Mai apparently has more temples than Bangkok so go figure out how many times we had to walk up and down loads of steps in the piping hot weather!!



Hold on a minute.. that isn't a temple!! That is a Christian church... we found this church in the middle of nowhere at the top of the village with the long neck women who came from Burma in search of a peaceful place to settle...


Easy.. absolutely no problem.. I've practiced this soo many times now!


Come on Dadda let's jump down the steps together!!


Jumping has become my n.1 favourite thing to do and I won't miss any opportunity to jump or as I say to do "dumpings".  We jump on the bed in the morning, afternoon and at night time, we jump down the steps... we now even jump up the steps!

Check out how I have mastered the art of "DUMPINGS"

....oppela... oppela... opppelaaaaaaaaaaa!

I became so good we eventually made it to the Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep temple on the mountain above Chiang Mai... the temple of Chiang Mai temples (see more pictures on Dadda's facebook)... a mammoth 309 steps from the parking lot!!

We went up by cable car but couldn't save myself by the temptation of beating my personal best of 309 jumps in a row!!

No comments:

Post a Comment