Thursday 10 November 2011

Shark Alley

...finally the weather settled and we were told that if the sea calmed down enough we were in for some Cage Diving with the Great White Sharks!!  

Only drawback was the early start as we hit the road at 5am to make it to Gansbaai by 6am...

we got there just at sunrise... Woooooow!!!


.... all we could see in the harbour were these weird boats with cages hanging off them!


... after an hour long preparatory talk by our staff at the Lady Shark (http://www.sharklady.co.za/) I was handed my lifejacket and my teddy bear and we were ready to go!!


...the ocean looked good at first..


...but I soon started to feel uncomfortable as the waves grew bigger and bigger.. in fact half of the people on the boat (Mamma included) started feeling sick at once!!


...suddenly it was show time... there were several Great Whites approaching our boat and the cage was dropped into the sea...


... look at the size of that thing!?  I hope those cages are really shark resistant after all!!


... here goes another one breaching out of the ocean right in front of us!!


...and another one!!


...and one more!!


... I do see the point of this signpost now.. listen to me people.. no swimming in the open water out there!!!


... there are sharks with mouths THIS BIG!!


WHAT A FABULOUS ADVENTURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment