Sunday 23 December 2012

NYC - Another Day of Sightseeing

Another frosty morning in NYC... this time at the courtesy of Steve & Carey we are staying in their flat as they've left town with their respective families!!

The view from the front door!!


Then off to Hyde Park for a stroll... still very cold but at least we have a beautiful sun enlightening our day!


Exploring Hyde Park is loads of fun...


....and trying some jumping tricks on these rocks is such fun!!...

1... 


2....


and hops!  3!!


Strolling with Mamma on a peaceful morning is priceless!


A lovely photo opportunity!!


Then off to the Guggenheim for the Picasso exposition!!  Quite a weird painter I must say but the museum was lovely with a windy way where I could run all the way up to the top and then back down!!!  A full tour of the museum in less than 30 minutes!!  Not sure Dadda was too happy to miss out on all of the details but nevermind.... I'm sure we'll be back some time!


We enjoyed a lovely brunch in the Guggenheim Cafe' with a complimentary bottle of prosecco offered to us by our dutch neighbours Rozen and Job.. THANKS!!


Then off to the streets again... as we stormed through tens and tens of blocks down the Upper East side... direction Brooklyn Bridge!!


We did take the subway to help us cover 50-odd blocks and give me some time for a power nap... In fact I carried on sleeping in Dadda's arms until we reach the top of the bridge when I opened my eyes to such unusual urban splendour!!!  

There is a view of midtown & the Empire State Building...


And here is Dadda & I with Wall Street and Downtown in the background.. you can even see the new tower that is being erected in place of the Twin Towers...


One over the other side we had a lovely snapshot of the Brooklyn Bridge we walked over...


... and then it was Mamma's turn to carry me around Brooklyn...


Sun is setting and it's getting colder and colder out there....


...Good time to pop into a little cafe' for a warm drink and a nibble!


Then back onto the subway heading to the Converse shoes to get my new Superman Allstar Shoes!!  Cool, don't you think?


On the way home we popped into Chelsea to enjoy a proper burger and chips in a cosy diner... again crayons and paper were on the menu to help me through the waiting time!!


On the way back home I had to waive the white flag... I'm absolutely shattered... bed please!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment