Sunday 29 April 2012

Skateboarding in Meissen

Dadda was determined to make the most of our trip to Zwickau and explore some of the surrounding countryside so we decided to head even further east and go to medieval Meissen which sits 30 minutes north of Dresden, an enchanting little town with a castle and lovely old town overlooking the Elba river...

The old city...


...and the view over the Elba river...


Mamma and I chatting and nibbling away....


Later on, as we descend from the elevated old town..


we caught a glimpse at the pretty colourful houses below and...


..I began testing out my new skateboard...


.....I recalled through my self taught Youtube erudition that more experienced folks use that skateboard tail this way...


.... we stopped for a lovely lunch to celebrate Omi's 60th where I could refresh myself... 


...and familiarise myself with my new toy a little more while the rest gobbled their food!!


I may not be as into horses as I once was but am always blown away by these creatures any such time i bump into one.  You could ride these ones for a tour around the town but I had other things on my mind!!


I wanted to practice skateboarding a little more....


....so Dadda (who once fractured his leg on a skateboard) started showing me the basics!!


I was getting a little tired so we eventually made it back to the car and drove off and it wasn't long before we spotted a wine estate which turned out to be the real target of our tour at least according to Dadda's plans!!  


Schloss Wackerbarth was well worth a peak...


A delightful stop for me to play with Opa and Omi a little more...


...we enjoyed an ice coffee outside, picked up a couple bottles from their shop...


...and headed off back home...


...head first!!


No comments:

Post a Comment