Monday 3 January 2011

Andaman Cruise

Dadda was determined for days to go on at least one other boat trip, the Andaman Cruise, which involved hopping on and off 4 different islands to the south of Ao Nang.  Trouble is that in this time of the year 26 other agencies work in this same area each of which carrying dozens of tourists to the same destinations on their several boats.  The Koh Phi Phi experience was enough not to want to repeat that feeling of crammed tourist destinations so we decided to set off a good hour and a half earlier than anyone else... 

Good friend Pon picked us up at the Nakamanda resort at 7.30 sharp just as we finished our breakfast.. as soon as we left the bay in front of the hotel we realised that what appeared to be a good day actually materialised in a day of big sea and waves of up to 2 metres high which was considerable given the size of our boat!! 

Within seconds we were soaking wet... and we had another 40 minutes to go before our first island!!


Finally we arrived on Poda Island and there wasn't a boat or a person to be seen.... it was beautiful and there were millions of crabs on the shore...


..and tons of shells too!


There were even monkeys like in Koh Phi Phi but these ones seemed less interested in tourists turning up  on their island's shores...


As soon as we dried up a little and had a good chance to look around we set off again as we could see in the distance that boats were starting to arrive... time to go!!

We then made our way to Tup Island just a short distance from Poda... this time we found other people on shore with us already and it wasn't even 9am!


We were still a little cold from the trip and nobody quite fancied having a dip in the sea just yet so Mamma tried her very best to keep me busy....


...and eventually dragged me into the sea but only to kick the sea with my feet!! I didn't want to get wet again and that sea salt is really irritating on my skin I'd much rather the pool water or in fact a normal shower!!!


Next stop was Chicken Island and we were taken first to a good spot for snorkelling...  Mamma was first to disappear into the turquoise sea to observe the fishies and I really didn't enjoy that a single bit.. (I developed this syndrome during this holiday such that if Mamma is any further than 5 yards from me I start crying my eyes out!!)... I started yelling: "Mammmmiiiiin..... Mammmmmiiiiiin......"....



Once I was over my tragedy, Dadda pulled out the Winnie the Pooh book and my tantrums were easily put aside... 


...and as often happens the emotional distress ended up making me a little tired and I fell asleep on Mammin just as we approached Chicken Island.. the most beautiful of all!  


Mamma was restricted to the boat with me lying face down on her tummy!  So Dadda was the only one that could wonder around and have a look and a bath in the marvellous sea... Dadda also came back with some goods from the local bar including a can of coke for Mamma and...


... my pringles which I diligently shared with Dadda...!!!  We decided to give Railey Beach a pass and head straight back home as the shores were filling up by the minute with boats and people and the sea was getting rougher and rougher... I would have liked to see the faces of nonno & nonna (not to mention oma Marlena) if they shared the same boat with us!!  The sooner we started our open sea crossing the sooner we would get back home.. 


... for our swimming lessons in the pool!!!


Still have to work on that breast stroke routine!!


But I can tell you I am mastering my colourful pencils now and finally after a long day at sea and in the pool I can draw all the lovely animals, places and experiences I have treasured today! 


Kuss!
Tino

1 comment:

  1. Robertino,

    these places are so wonderful! I reckon you have the spirit of the traveller too, I can't wait going backpacking together around the world when we get a little older...

    Big kisses for your feet, I felt for it when I saw the picture, don't worry these are "ferite di guerra" that we will show off at the right moment.

    Looking forward to seeing you soon and big kisses for your Mum and Dad, happy 2011!
    Ciao,
    Maia

    ReplyDelete