Saturday 1 January 2011

ลาก่อน 2010!

Farewell 2010!  And what a terrific year this has been for me!

I can now stand, run and jump on my very own, I have been through a full year of nursery, I have developed my language skills somewhat and now speak bits and pieces of English and German and a little less so of Italian..., I have built better relationships with friends, and can play on Dadda's Iphone or take pictures with his camera!

I have seen some very sad moments like when lots of family gathered to say goodbye to uncle Keith or when I lost my brand new white horse in Virginia Waters Park, but have also seen great times too.... like when Mamma and Dadda take me to the park or the farm evert weekend or take me on holiday to Italy, Germany, Switzerland and now Thailand of course!

There could have been no better way to top up the great year than by relaxing on a Long Tail Boat cruise away from tourists and well known islands.  Dadda has been asking around to explore those islands that are more remote to most and so we set off a little later than expected with our new boatman named Pon, only once it had stopped raining.  Pon has called his boat "Little Jamaica" as he has a deep appreciation for Bob Marley and says that Thailand makes him think of Jamaica a lot, although he has never been outside of Thailand before.  He says they look the same based off what he has seen on TV.


Pon is a lovely chap who has a daughter roughly my same age except he last saw her 5 months ago as she lives with her mother near Bangkok and is kept apart from her to earn a living and the money to support her.  Pon was very excited to see her in a few days but also seemed happy to navigate us off the beaten track today...

He advised us to be careful while bathing in the sea today as the tide had brought in some colourful water baloons they call jellyfish that could sting very badly and at times even be deadly!


With that in mind we kept feet well on board and marvelled at the surrounding beauty nibbling through yet another tin of Pringles (...Dadda wonders why I don't fancy eating lunch or dinner these days.. wink wink nudge nudge Mamma!)...


We had a first stop in Koh Phak Bia island for a snorkel and a few slices of pineapple which Pon presented us with while resting on the beach...


... there was nobody to be seen in our sight and we even had a swing to ourselves where Mamma and I could point at all sorts of things like "deeeeef uan" (this one) and "auuuaaaan" (other one) which was great fun!


Meanwhile Pon was showing Dadda around the island, he took a long stick and rattled a tree which made a small yellow and unnamed fruit drop on the sand.  He handed it to Dadda and told him to eat it as it was ripe and yellow.  So Dadda ate it.  He later explained that you only want to stay away from the green ones as you can die from those.  Luckily Dadda is still alive but I shall note that one down for later reference.

So off we went again further to the west and 25 minutes later we arrived in Koh Yao Noi for lunch in a little bungalow named Pasai Cottage just footsteps from where Pod had anchored up his boat... except my belly was full of Pringles and I only ate some boiled rice while Mamma and Dadda scoffed themselves with tempura prawns, grilled fish and a cocunut curry to go along with their Chang beer...


... so I ended up spending most of the time exploring around the bungalow and finally got the hang of sand which I am starting to enjoy! 


We paid a ridiculous bill of 590 Thai Baht (15 pounds for a three course meal for two!) and after almost 45 minutes crossing of in an increasingly wavy Andaman sea I looked ready for a long and deserved nap...


...somehow I just couldn't fall asleep so I was dressed up for what appeared a great occasion and we went off to have an early dinner after a good run around...


...and then dragging Mamma to see the chickens...


... sadly, we didn't make it to the great occasion and as every other night we ended up with lights off and all asleep by 9.30pm.. except we were all woken up later that evening by explosions which I was told not to worry about...

...Dadda quickly dressed up and caught a glimpse of the last moments before retuning to bed...



Night night for now.... and bring on 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment